December 20, 2008

Newbie


I came to know a few newbie in the farming business. One started farming few years ago, the farm is in a swiftlet central area, near to the seaside and padi field. He knew not much about the trade, but yet successful. In fact a lot of people was laughing at him and teasing him that how can he be successful in luring the wild birds but turning on the chirping sound years ago.



And recently, I met my friend and he told me that a few of his friends started farming with no experience in this industry as well. Obviously, people started to know how lucrative is this business, but their are generally not computer savy and know nothing much about the business. Hence, it is natural that all of them engaged a contractor or consultant to start their first farm. I met numerous consultant/contractors since I started to know more about this trade. Everyone of them have their own style. In average, they do not know much but copying from each other's design.



How many of the newbies read books? Attending seminars? Visit as many farms as they could? I doubt so..All learn from the world of hard knock...I was even surprised one day as one of the consultants was asking me what are the styrofoam on the plank for? I presume this consultant has built more than 30 farms already! And I suppose no many of them know how to edit sound track as they are generally not computer savy..of course they are some new generation consultants able to do so...When there are so many newbies and new consultants emerging, I am not surprised that the % of fail farms are still at a very high level today. I am seriously thinking that we do not have so much books and seminars in Malaysia as compared to Indonesia. We should have more books written in multiple languages in the market in the near future.

No comments: