December 16, 2008

A Trip to Alor Setar

Went to Alor Setar today with a few missions. Number one is meet up a friend, Mr O. I met Mr. O in Jakarta seminar and he was my roommate too, nothing more than roommate, ok...:-). We had a nice Hokkien mee in town before going to a potential site for a birdcall test. The result is marvellous, within a min, easily more than a few hundreds birds at about noon time! Not bad at all. He said that he did the same in the afternoon, the number is easily more than 500. Good idea to make a proposal to the land owner and set up a JV farm. We probably would propose to sign a contract with the owner to own the royalty of the said land for the next 30 years, and the owner cannot sell nor have the right to set up another farm without our permission etc..to protect our interest. The return to the owner could be like 15% of the revenue from harvesting and this return should be much better than pajak the land to the padi field operator. A typical double storey 20'x60' should cost like $150k. Let's see how it goes.


I have uploaded the birdcall test result for your viewing...Comments are welcome again. Do not hold your thoughts okay?




I made an appointment with Mr. T, a consultant as well. He is very helpful to bring me around AS and Jitra to show me some of his work and new farms. Jitra is still consider new in swiftlet farming and the bird population is not as great yet although there are plenty of party fields as well. But he is positive that the bird population will grow in the near future as the food source is plenty...



I did some personal marketing on my way back too..overall a very fruitful trip indeed.



Tomorrow, I am going to have an appointment with one of the key Kedah Swiftlet Association exco in SP.



No comments: